Who we are
research.my is public study initiative platform developed by Basic Insight Sdn. Bhd. (Co. Reg No: 201401007622), a Kuala Lumpur based market research firm established in 2014 providing research to corporate clients and top market research agencies in both digital and traditional formats.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect data for our public studies which may include but not limited to personal or business identifiable data which would remain strictly confidential unless you consent only for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To invite you for our events;
- To convey to you the latest information regarding your subscription, through our SMS / email / letter announcements;
- To conduct market surveys and trend analysis;
- When relevant, for the delivery of gifts and other complimentary products and services;
- Accounting, auditing and taxation purposes;
- For administrative purposes; and
- To investigate complaints and suspected suspicious transactions.
This information is necessary to us. If you do not provide all the information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete record of information, thus affecting our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
Be assured that all data collected will be strictly confidential and results will only be presented in an aggregate manner.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those overseas):
- Agents and services providers who provide services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected, including data processing services;
- Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- Basic Insight related and associate companies and affiliates; and
- Other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any government or law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes, or if required by law.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact:
Data Processing Department
Basic Insight Sdn Bhd
D-10-05, Menara Suezcap 1,
KL Gateway, Jalan Kerinchi
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
+60 3 79710963